The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s are two popular smartphone models released by Apple. While they may appear similar at first glance, there are a few key differences between the two. One of the most noticeable differences is in the dimensions of the devices.
The iPhone 6 measures 5.44 inches in height, 2.64 inches in width, and 0.27 inches in depth, while the iPhone 6s is slightly thicker, measuring 5.44 inches in height, 2.64 inches in width, and 0.28 inches in depth. This increase in thickness may not seem significant, but it can affect the compatibility of certain cases.
Most iPhone 6 cases should fit the iPhone 6s without any issues. However, for slimmer, tighter-fitting, or waterproof cases, the extra thickness of the iPhone 6s may pose a problem. It is recommended to double-check the compatibility of cases before purchasing for the iPhone 6s.
Another difference between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s is the amount of RAM. The iPhone 6s has 2GB of RAM, which is double the amount found in the iPhone 6. This increase in RAM allows the iPhone 6s to perform tasks more efficiently and handle multitasking with ease. Users will notice a noticeable boost in performance and speed compared to the iPhone 6.
In terms of storage options, both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s are available in 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB versions. This allows users to choose the storage capacity that best suits their needs.
While the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s may share similarities in design and storage options, there are differences in dimensions and performance. The iPhone 6s is slightly thicker than the iPhone 6, which may affect the compatibility of certain cases. Additionally, the iPhone 6s boasts double the amount of RAM, resulting in improved performance and multitasking capabilities. It is important for potential buyers to consider these differences when deciding between the two models.
Can You Use An IPhone 6 Case On A 6s?
You cannot use an iPhone 6 case on an iPhone 6s. While the dimensions of the two models are very similar, the iPhone 6s is slightly thicker than the iPhone 6. This means that cases designed specifically for the iPhone 6 may not fit properly on the iPhone 6s.
Although most cases will still work with the iPhone 6s, there are some slim and tight-fitting cases, as well as waterproof cases, that may not accommodate the extra thickness of the iPhone 6s. These cases are designed to fit the precise dimensions of the iPhone 6 and may not provide a secure fit or full functionality if used with an iPhone 6s.
It is recommended to purchase a case specifically designed for the iPhone 6s to ensure a proper fit and compatibility with all the features and functions of the device.
Is IPhone 6s The Same As IPhone 6?
The iPhone 6S is not the same as the iPhone 6. There are several key differences between the two models.
1. Design: While both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S have a similar appearance, the iPhone 6S is slightly thicker and heavier due to the new technology incorporated into the device.
2. Processor: The iPhone 6S features a more advanced A9 chip with 64-bit architecture, compared to the A8 chip found in the iPhone 6. This means that the iPhone 6S is faster and more efficient in terms of processing power.
3. 3D Touch: One of the standout features of the iPhone 6S is the introduction of 3D Touch. This technology allows the device to detect varying levels of pressure on the screen, enabling new ways of interacting with apps and menus.
4. Camera: The iPhone 6S has an improved 12-megapixel rear camera, compared to the 8-megapixel camera on the iPhone 6. This upgrade results in higher quality photos and the ability to shoot 4K videos.
5. RAM: The iPhone 6S has double the amount of RAM compared to the iPhone 6. With 2GB of RAM, the iPhone 6S is noticeably faster and more capable of handling multitasking.
6. Storage: Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S offer options for 16GB, 64GB, or 128GB of storage. So, in terms of storage capacity, they are the same.
While the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6 share some similarities, such as the design and storage options, the iPhone 6S offers significant upgrades in terms of processing power, camera capabilities, and the introduction of 3D Touch.
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s are both impressive devices with their own unique features and improvements. While the dimensions of the iPhone 6s may cause some compatibility issues with certain cases, most cases should still fit without any problems. However, it is worth noting that slimmer, tighter fitting and waterproof cases may not be suitable for the slightly thicker iPhone 6s.
The increased RAM in the iPhone 6s also makes it noticeably faster and more capable of multitasking compared to the iPhone 6. This means that users can expect a smoother and more efficient performance when using the iPhone 6s for various tasks and applications.
Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s are available in different storage options, allowing users to choose the capacity that best suits their needs. Whether it be the 16GB, 64GB, or 128GB version, users can enjoy ample storage space for their apps, photos, videos, and other files.
Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s offer a great user experience with their sleek designs, powerful processors, and advanced features. Whether you choose the iPhone 6 or upgrade to the iPhone 6s, you can be sure to enjoy a high-quality smartphone that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations.