Nvidia Shadowplay is an excellent tool for gamers who want to record their gameplay and share it with others. It is a software that comes with Nvidia graphics cards and allows users to record their gameplay with minimal impact on performance. However, some users have reported that Shadowplay only records game audio and not their microphone or other audio sources. In this article, we will discuss how to fix this problem and ensure that Shadowplay records all audio sources.
First, it is important to understand that Shadowplay records audio sources based on the settings you have selected. By default, Shadowplay only records game audio. This means that if you want to record your microphone or other audio sources, you need to change the settings.
To do this, you need to open the Nvidia GeForce Experience application and navigate to the Shadowplay settings. Once there, you will see an option for “Audio”. Click on this option and you will see a drop-down menu with several options. By default, “In-game audio” is selected. This means that Shadowplay will only record the audio from the game you are playing.
To fix this problem, you need to select “Custom” from the drop-down menu. This will allow you to select which audio sources you want to record. You will see a list of available audio sources, including your microphone and other devices. Simply select the sources you want to record and click “OK” to save the changes.
It is important to note that if you are using a headset or other external microphone, you may need to select the correct device from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, Shadowplay may not record your voice or other audio sources.
In addition to selecting the correct audio sources, it is also important to adjust the volume levels. You can do this by clicking on the “Audio” option in the Shadowplay settings and adjusting the volume levels for each source. This will ensure that your gameplay recordings have clear and balanced audio.
Nvidia Shadowplay is an excellent tool for gamers who want to record their gameplay and share it with others. However, it is important to ensure that Shadowplay records all audio sources, including your microphone and other devices. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily fix the problem of Shadowplay only recording game audio and start recording high-quality gameplay videos with clear and balanced audio.
Making ShadowPlay Record Only Game Audio
To make it so ShadowPlay only records game audio, you need to follow the below steps:
1. First, check if the “NVIDIA Container” program is listed in the Volume Mixer. If it is not listed, activate the GeForce overlay and toggle the “Instant Replay” setting on and off to make it appear.
2. Once you see the “NVIDIA Container” program listed, click on it to select it.
3. Next, change the “Output” of the “NVIDIA Container” application to the “CABLE Input” device. This tells ShadowPlay to only record the audio sent to this output.
4. Now, launch the game you want to record and open the ShadowPlay overlay by pressing the hotkey.
5. In the ShadowPlay overlay, select the “Instant Replay” option and set the recording length to your desired duration.
6. start recording the game by pressing the hotkey, and ShadowPlay will only record the game audio that is sent to the “CABLE Input” device.
You need to select the “NVIDIA Container” program, change its output to the “CABLE Input” device, and then start recording the game using the ShadowPlay overlay.
Recording Audio in Video Games
To record audio only in a game, you can use the popular free software OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). Here are the steps to follow:
1. Get OBS and install it if you haven't done so already.
2. Launch OBS and go to “Capture Settings.”
3. Select “Desktop Audio” and set it to default. This will capture all audio that plays on your computer, including the game audio.
4. Disable other audio sources if you wish. For example, you might want to disable your microphone so that your voice isn't recorded.
5. Set the output file settings to an easily convertible video file. OBS supports a variety of formats, but for audio-only recording, you might choose MP3 or WAV.
6. Choose the audio bitrate levels. This determines the quality of the audio recording. The higher the bitrate, the better the quality, but the larger the file size.
7. Start the game and begin recording. OBS will capture all audio that plays on your computer, including the game audio.
With these steps, you should be able to record audio only in a game using OBS.
Nvidia Shadowplay is a powerful tool that allows gamers to capture and share their gaming experiences with ease. With its intuitive interface and advanced features, Shadowplay has become the go-to option for many gamers looking to record and stream their gameplay. The ability to record high-quality audio and video with minimal impact on system performance makes Shadowplay a must-have for anyone looking to create gaming content. By following the steps outlined above, users can ensure they are getting the most out of this powerful tool and creating content that is both engaging and visually stunning. Nvidia Shadowplay is an excellent option for anyone looking to record and share their gaming experiences with the world.