Asus is a well-known brand in the laptop market. They are known for their innovation and high-quality products. However, even the best laptops can sometimes encounter issues, one of which is the keyboard not working. In this article, we will discuss the possible reasons for this issue and the steps you can take to resolve it.
Possible Causes of Asus Laptop Keyboard Not Working:
1. Outdated or corrupt drivers: An outdated or corrupt driver could be the reason your keyboard isn't working. You can uninstall and reinstall the keyboard and mouse drivers and check if it helps.
2. Filter keys turned on: Filter keys are designed to ignore brief or repeated keystrokes, but they can make typing difficult if turned on accidentally. Check if filter keys are turned on and turn them off if necessary.
3. Physical damage: Physical damage to the keyboard, such as spills or drops, can cause it to stop working altogether. Check if the keyboard is physically damaged and if so, consider getting it replaced.
4. Malware or virus: Malware or virus can also cause issues with your laptop's keyboard. Run a full system scan to check for any malware or virus and remove them if found.
5. Loose keyboard connection: A loose connection can also cause the keyboard to stop working. Check if the keyboard is properly connected to the motherboard and if not, reseat the connection.
Steps to Fix Asus Laptop Keyboard Not Working:
1. Restart your laptop: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve the issue. Restart your laptop and check if the keyboard is working.
2. Update keyboard drivers: Right-click on Start and select Device Manager. Expand Keyboards. Right-click on the affected keyboard and select Update driver.
3. Turn off filter keys: Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard and turn off the Filter keys if they are turned on.
4. Troubleshoot the keyboard: Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Keyboard and run the troubleshooter.
5. Use hotkeys: By selecting the Hotkeys option, you can get hotkey functions by pressing F1-F12. Also, you can still access the F1-F12 functions by pressing Fn and F1 – F12.
6. Use F1-F12 keys: By selecting the F1-F12 option, you can get F1- F12 functions by pressing F1-F12. You can still access the hotkey functions by pressing Fn and F1-F12.
The keyboard not working issue on an Asus laptop can be caused by a variety of reasons. However, by following the steps mentioned above, you can fix the issue and get your keyboard working again. Remember to always check for updates and keep your laptop and drivers up-to-date to prevent future issues.
Troubleshooting an Unresponsive Asus Laptop Keyboard
There could be several reasons why your Asus laptop keyboard is not working. One possible reason may be due to outdated or corrupted keyboard drivers. Another reason may be due to physical damage to the keyboard or connection issues. Additionally, software conflicts or updates may also cause keyboard malfunctions.
To troubleshoot the issue, try the following solutions:
1. Restart your laptop: Sometimes a simple restart can fix the issue.
2. Check the keyboard connection: Make sure your keyboard is properly connected to your laptop. If it is a wireless keyboard, ensure that the batteries are not low.
3. Run the Keyboard Troubleshooter: Type “Troubleshoot” in the Windows search bar, select “Keyboard” and follow the instructions to diagnose and fix any issues.
4. Update your keyboard drivers: Go to Device Manager, select the keyboard, right-click, and select “Update driver.”
5. Uninstall and reinstall the keyboard drivers: In Device Manager, select the keyboard, right-click, and select “Uninstall device.” Once the driver is uninstalled, restart your laptop and Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.
If none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to seek professional assistance or replace the keyboard.
Troubleshooting a Non-Functioning Laptop Keyboard
There could be several reasons why your laptop keyboard is not typing anything. One possible reason is that the keyboard may be physically damaged or faulty due to wear and tear over time or accidental spills. Another reason could be that the keyboard is not properly connected to the laptop's motherboard.
However, one of the most common causes of a non-responsive laptop keyboard is an outdated or corrupt driver. A driver is software that acts as an interface between the keyboard and the operating system. If the driver is outdated or corrupted, it can cause problems with the keyboard's functionality.
To fix this issue, you can try updating the keyboard driver. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
2. Expand the Keyboards category.
3. Right-click on the affected keyboard and select Update driver.
4. Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
If updating the driver doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Alternatively, you can try using an external keyboard to see if the issue is with the laptop's keyboard or the operating system.
Unlocking the Keyboard on an Asus Laptop
If you are facing issues while using the keyboard on your ASUS laptop, it might be due to the keyboard being locked. To unlock the keyboard on your ASUS laptop, you can follow some simple steps:
1. Restart your ASUS laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can unlock the keyboard. To do this, click on the “Start” button and select “Restart”. Wait for the laptop to restart and try using the keyboard again.
2. Update the drivers of the keyboard: Outdated or corrupted drivers can also cause keyboard issues. To update the drivers, go to the “Device Manager” and look for the keyboard. Right-click on it and select “Update driver”. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.
3. Turn the filter keys off: Filter keys are designed to ignore repeated keystrokes. However, if they are turned on, they can cause the keyboard to lock. To turn them off, go to “Ease of Access” in the Control Panel and select “Make the keyboard easier to use”. Uncheck the “Turn on Filter Keys” option and click on “Apply”.
4. Troubleshoot the keyboard: If the above steps don't work, you can troubleshoot the keyboard. Go to “Control Panel” and select “Hardware and Sound”. Click on “Keyboard” and select “Troubleshoot”. Follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the keyboard.
By following these steps, you can unlock the keyboard on your ASUS laptop and use it without any issues.
Activating Keys on an Asus Laptop
To activate the keys on an Asus laptop, you can follow the steps below:
1. Press the “Fn” key located at the bottom left of the keyboard.
2. While holding down the “Fn” key, press the corresponding function key (F1-F12) that you want to use.
3. If you want to switch between the hotkey functions and the standard F1-F12 functions, you can access the settings by pressing the “Fn + Esc” keys.
4. From there, you can choose between the “Hotkeys” or “F1-F12” options.
Alternatively, you can also customize the function of the keys by accessing the Asus Keyboard Hotkeys settings. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Windows start button and type “Asus Keyboard Hotkeys” in the search bar.
2. Click on the “Asus Keyboard Hotkeys” app from the search results.
3. In the app, you can customize the function of the keys by selecting the key you want to modify and choosing a new function from the drop-down menu.
4. Once you've made your changes, click on “Apply” to save them.
Activating the keys on an Asus laptop can be done by pressing the “Fn” key and the corresponding function key or by customizing the function of the keys using the Asus Keyboard Hotkeys settings.
Asus laptops are a reliable option for anyone looking for a high-quality computing experience. They offer a wide range of features and functions that cater to the needs of different users. With their sleek and stylish design, Asus laptops are not only powerful but also visually appealing. Additionally, the brand is known for its commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology, ensuring that its laptops are always up-to-date with the latest advancements. Whether you're a student, professional, or gamer, there is an Asus laptop that will meet your needs. So, if you're in the market for a new laptop, consider investing in an Asus laptop for a reliable and high-performing computing experience.