There’s no dearth of action puzzle games, and HeroCraft is contributing another one for Android devices. Titled Dragon’s Lore, this game has impressive oriental artwork and ever-lasting sliding block mechanics.
Now, don’t go around trying to tackle it as you do for every puzzler. Dragon’s Lore needs a little strategy as the playing field is multi-level.
There are four single-player modes, and depending on how you want to play the game, you can choose the mode to enter. The gameplay is essentially a match-3 block buster.
You have to add blocks to the field, and match the colors on the blocks to eliminate them. The success lies in eliminating the blocks before the player succumbs to defeat.
You needn’t fear, as various bonuses are available that helps you tackle time and deal with tough levels. As many as 200 levels will keep you occupied with the main character, Kirin.
Kirinis a young dragon, and since the game is immersed in Japanese myths and legends, it seems fitting that players get to be a dragon. The main goal of the player is return the magical flute to the goddess of Art.
These are the main modes of the game:
- HotSeat mode: multiplayer
- Story mode: Tells a tale about a quest of the dragon Kirin. Player will have to conquer through various levels with different tasks. This includes competing with bosses and requires upgrading the hero whenever necessary.
- Classic and Arcade mode: The player must remove a number of cubes in a very short time, or play without time limits.
- Puzzle mode: Persuades you to think hard about the best solution for different riddles in this mode.
- Infinity mode: Allows you to play as long as you wish, set outstanding high-scores until there are no possible moves.