Have you ever been so immersed in a game that you failed to notice your surroundings? I bet most of you have. It happens to everyone, especially in internet cafes. Gamers in an internet cafe located in Taiwan were so engulfed in their game that they failed to notice one of their very own had died in his seat. Yeah, I don’t think any game is that good either.
This isn’t the first time this sort of thing has happened though. In the past we’ve seen gamers neglect their bodily needs to continue enjoying their game, which leads to health problems and sometimes death unfortunately. This time is a bit different however.
The 23 year old male checked into the cafe on Tuesday night in New Taipei city and was found dead the following night. According to the police report, the body was still sitting upright with arms stretched out. The last time the waitress saw him, he was talking on his phone around noon on Wednesday and seemed fine. Before any of the 30 or so people noticed, the body had already been sitting there for 9 hours.
The dead giveaway (no pun intended) to me would have seeing the same person staying there overnight. If the person had been dead for some time, the screen would have went dim or someone would have noticed the gameplay wasn’t moving.
How did he die then? Well, initial police reports found that his cause of death may have been due to cardiac arrest which was caused by low temperatures.