Apple iPhone 5 and iPad 3 in Line for Assembly

July 2, 2011, By Sanjeev Ramachandran

Cupertino has rubbed wood to fire rumors, yet again. Apple’s component manufacturers from Taiwan have reportedly started packing materials for Apple’s next-generation iPhones and iPads.

Apple iPhone 5 and iPad 3 in Line for Assembly

Apple’s component makers include Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), which is in charge of assembling the devices; Simplo Technologies and Dynapack International Technology (in charge of manufacturing batteries); TPK Holding and Wintek (in charge of touch panel modules); Catcher (in charge of chassis); and Largan Precision, in charge of webcams. We also hear Simplo is supplying 65% of Apple’s total battery demand with Dynapack owning the other 35%.

Apple plans to launch the new iPhone, while the iPad 3 has been added to the production schedule – with both set to be produced in small quantities in August. The volume will start picking up in September and October. This year, Cupertino is expected to ship over 85 million iPhones.

Apple iPhone 5 and iPad 3 in Line for Assembly

There are also rumors of Apple considering designing an even thinner and lighter tablet PC with an increased panel resolution of 250dpi.

We had earlier heard the company was lining up suppliers in the November of 2010, for their iPad 2. Just a few months after the rumors came in, the markets saw the launch of the device.

Going by this, we assume the company’s new batch of iPad 3 and iPhone 5 will be out before the end of 2011. There are also doubts as to whether Apple is likely to release 2 iPads in the same calendar year.

As of now, no official statements have been issued by the company. But we can expect Cupertino’s offspring to bounce out any time.

© 2008-2012 DeviceMag.com - All rights reserved | Privacy Policy