You have an online Hotmail email account and now that you have installed Microsoft Outlook 2010, you would like to integrate your Hotmail account with it so that you can receive emails online and view them offline while disconnected from the Internet? You’re in luck, this tutorial shows you how to setup a Hotmail email account in Microsoft Outlook or similar programs.
All Windows Live Hotmail accounts can be used with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Office Outlook 2003, regardless of free or paid Windows Live Hotmail accounts. To access a Windows Live Hotmail account with Outlook, you will first have to install the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for Windows Live Hotmail here.
Microsoft introduced the Outlook Connector to enable users to use their Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Contacts, and Windows Live Calendar with Outlook. With the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector users can easily use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 to access and manage their Microsoft Windows Live Hotmail or Microsoft Office Live Mail accounts, including e-mail messages, contacts and calendars totally free.
- Users can easily view and edit their Windows Live Calendar in Outlook, however, the Outlook calendar will not be available on Windows Live. In order to use the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for Windows Live Hotmail, you will need a Windows Live Hotmail account.
- Sign up for a new account or update your existing MSN Hotmail account to be a Windows Live Hotmail account here.
- If you still haven’t updated from the old MSN Hotmail to the new Windows Live Hotmail, click on the Join Windows Live Hotmail link when you have logged on to your account. Doing so enables all of your messages, folders, and contacts will automatically appear in your new account while your e-mail address remains unchanged.
- Exit Outlook if it is running.
- If you have not done already then download and install the Outlook Connector here and when you are prompted to open or save the file, just click Open and when prompted to run the software, click on Run.
- The screen assists you to follow the instructions and complete the installation.
- Now start Outlook.
- You will be prompted to configure the Outlook Connector therefore enter the following information:
Your e-mail address
Your name as it should appear on the receiver’s Inbox
- Finally click on OK and you are done!
- You will see the after Outlook has launched the Windows Live Hotmail account appears in the left Navigation Pane.